Are you newly married and looking to register your marriage certificate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)? Look no further than Prime Quality Translation! Within the pages of this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process step by step. We will also provide tips and advice to make the process seamless. So, whether you are a newly married couple or just looking to update your records, this guide is for you. Let’s get started!
What is MoFA?
MoFA stands for Ministry of Foreign Affairs is a government agency responsible for handling a specific country’s international relations and foreign affairs. In the context of registering a certificate marriage, MoFA is the governing body that oversees the process. They ensure that all necessary documentation is in order and provide the official registration of your marriage.
Understanding the role of MoFA is crucial in completing the registration process and obtaining your registered marriage certificate. So, let’s delve into the importance of registering your certificate with MoFA.
3 Easy Steps to Get a Certificate of Marriage Attested with Mofa in UAE
An Outline of the Attestation Procedure is Provided Below
1. Attestation from the MoFA in the Home Country
The local Ministry of Foreign Affairs must authenticate a certificate of marriage to be recognized internationally. Amy, the jurisdiction for this procedure differs from nation to nation. The minister of external affairs of the country issuing the document is the highest authority for authorization.
2. Attestation from the UAE Embassy
After gaining attestation from the Ministry of the applicant’s home country, the documents are taken to the UAE embassy there. The authorities at the embassy certify the certificate after confirming that it has received the attestation of the relevant authorities in the country of origin.
3. MOFA Attestation for Marriage Certification in UAE
As a last step, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will inspect and validate the papers’ geniuses. MOFA attestation for marriage certification in the United Arab Emirates. The Ministry confirms that the certificate has been notarized and certified by embossing in the originating nation before attesting it.
Gathering Required Documents for MoFA Registration
Before registering your marriage certificate with MoFA, you must gather all the required documents. This step is crucial to ensure a smooth and hassle-free registration process. So, what are the documents you need?
- First and foremost, you will need your original certificate of marriage. Make sure to bring the original copy, as MoFA does not accept photocopies or digital versions.
- Additionally, you must provide a valid identification document, such as a passport or national ID card, for both you and your spouse.
- You may also need to provide additional documentation depending on the country and specific requirements. This could include proof of residence, proof of nationality, or any other supporting documents. You must check with MoFA or the embassy or consulate in your country to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.
- Remember to bring multiple copies of each document, as you may need to submit them during registration. It’s always better to be over-prepared than to be caught off guard with missing documents.
Cost of Attestation Marriage Certificate with MoFA
Regarding the cost of attesting your marriage certificate with MoFA, there are a few things to remember. If your certificate was issued outside the UAE, the price for attestation is 150 AED. Both the bride and the husband must follow this rule.
However, if your certificate was issued from within the UAE, the cost remains the same at 150 AED. It’s essential to consider this cost when budgeting for the registration process. Remember, ensuring the proper attestation of your certificate with MoFA is crucial for legal recognition and peace of mind.
Completing the Registration Process
To complete the registration process with MoFA, there are a few steps you need to follow.
- Firstly, if you don’t already have one, you must register with a SmartPass account. This account will grant you access to all UAE intelligent services, including writing your marriage certificate.
- Once your SmartPass account is set up, you can apply for MoFAIC attestation in the UAE. This involves filling out an application form and providing the necessary documents, such as your original certificate of marriage and valid identification. Once your application is complete, it will be sent for review to the chosen authority.
- If your application meets all the conditions and requirements, you will receive approval. This means that your certificate has been successfully registered with MoFA.
- However, please note that this is not the end of the process. After receiving approval, you must visit the MoFAIC website to pay the required fees. This is essential in completing the registration process and obtaining your official registered marriage certificate.
Remember, each step is essential in ensuring the successful completion of the registration process. So, follow these instructions carefully and consider any additional guidelines MoFA provides.
Receiving Your Registered Marriage Certificate
You must follow a few essential steps to receive your certificate.
- Firstly, make sure you have registered yourself with a SmartPass account. This will give you access to all UAE intelligent services, including registering your certificate.
- Once your SmartPass account is set up, you can apply for MoFAIC attestation in the UAE. This involves filling out an intelligent form and providing all the necessary documents, such as your original certificate of marriage and valid identification.
- Once your application is complete, it will be sent for review to the chosen authority. You will receive an approval notification if your application meets all the conditions and requirements.
- However, the process still needs to be completed. After receiving approval, you must visit the MoFAIC website to pay the required fees.This step is crucial in completing the registration process and obtaining your official registered marriage certificate.
- Finally, you can courier your documents to MoFA or visit one of the five MoFAIC Attestation Centres with your documents and payment receipt. Once the process is complete, you will receive your documents, including your registered certificate.
Follow these steps carefully and keep track of any additional guidelines provided by MoFA to ensure a smooth and successful registration process.
Note: The attestation process may often be finished by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in one to two working days. In an emergency, MOFA attestation can also be finished the same day if the UAE embassy in your home country has stamped your documents.
Attending the Appointment at MoFA
Attending an appointment at MoFA is a crucial step in registering your marriage certificate. Make sure to arrive on time and bring all the necessary documents, including your original certificate of marriage and valid identification. You will submit your paperwork during the appointment and provide any additional information required.
Be prepared to answer any questions or provide further documentation if needed. The meeting is your opportunity to ensure that all the necessary information is provided and that your application is complete.